Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Seth's Remedy for a Headache

This works.  In the early 1990’s I used to suffer from migraines, often monthly and often very debilitating.  The doctors gave me a bottle of pills that I was supposed to take at the onset of a migraine.  I kept the pill bottle out in plain sight but I never took one pill.  Instead, I practiced mindful meditation (much like Seth describes here) and eventually migraines dissipated.

“Do the exercises in my book, The Nature of Personal Reality, to discover what conditions of a mental nature, or of psychological origin, are causing you distress.  Instead of taking an aspirin for a headache, sit down, breathe quietly, and remind yourself that you are an integral part of the universe.  Allow yourself to feel a sense of belonging with nature.  Such an exercise can often relieve a headache in no time.  But each experience will allow you to build up a sense of trust in your own body’s processes.”

(The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, Session 870)

No comments:

Post a Comment