Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Know Yourself

Knowing who we are is a life long quest … actually it’s a quest of many lifetimes.  

Lazaris defines our identity as “what we say, think and do”.  Furthermore, as Seth describes here, our identity is not static but rather it is like a string of pearls.  Each pearl represents one’s self in a given context and in a given moment.  For example, for much of my life I was a member of the Royal Canadian Air Force and each morning I put on the appropriate uniform of the day for what I’d be doing.  After doing this for over three decades and discovering the Lazaris material, I realized that each time I put on a uniform it sent a subliminal message to my subconscious and I walked and talked as a Air Force Al.  Now, I put on a suit and tie and walk and talk in the context of my current job.  For several years, I put on dark clothes and sat in a Buddhist temple.  In each context I was expressing different aspects of the vast expanse of myself … just like all of us do without thinking about it.  

Life gets so much richer when we are aware of what we say, think and do … i.e. more aware of our true identity, our true self in context.

“There are many schools for spiritual advancement that teach you to “get rid of the clutter of your impulses and desires”, to shove aside the self that you are in search of a greater idealized version.  First of all, the self that you are is ever-changing and never static.  There is an inner self in terms of those definitions, but that inner self, which is the source for your present being, speaks through your impulses.  They provide in-built spiritual and biological impetuses toward your most ideal development.  You must trust the self that you are, now.

“If you would know yourself in deepest terms, you must start with your own feelings, emotions, desires, intents and impulses.  Spiritual knowledge and psychic wisdom are the natural result of a sense of self-unity.”

(The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, Session 872)

No comments:

Post a Comment