Friday, November 17, 2017

Faith and Impulses

Here Seth points out two important aspect of impulses.  Firstly, one must hold a belief (called faith) that such impulses do occur at moments of power, moments of choice.  The second is the point that the belief system that we pick up since birth is rife with limiting beliefs and blocking beliefs which blind us to the moments of action and distort the message.

Years ago I watched a golf movie called “Tin Cup”.  My key takeaway from that moment was the idea of “defining moments”.  These are the moments of impulsive action which, by their power, define our character.  Throughout my career I was lucky enough to recognize and to take impulsive action to create a handful of defining moments in my personal story.  My definition of taking appropriate action in a “defining moment” is:  when I look back on the event I think wow, that was the perfect thing to do!

Life is sprinkled with defining moments - be there for them.

“Your impulses are immersed in the quality called faith, for they urge you into action in the faith [that] the moment for action exists.  Your beliefs must interact with your impulses, however, and often they can erode that great natural beneficial spontaneity that impulses can provide.”

(The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, Session 870)

No comments:

Post a Comment