Sunday, October 8, 2017

Meditation

I started doing various approaches/techniques to meditation in the early 80’s.  I’ve seen what Seth talks about here and, of course, I’ve logged many hours “staring at a wall sitting cross legged”.  A lot of my motivation was physical (fighting allergies, hypertension, etc.) but a lot of it was trying to “fix myself” because I’d been conditioned to distrust my impulses.

I like the comment “true meditation is action”.  Here are a couple examples of what Seth is referring to:
  • Losing track of time while being absorbed in action.  
  • The martial arts are often used this way since in sparring there is no time to think.  The human body typically has a 0.25 second response time (the time from perception to first physical movement).  Masters of the martial arts can, for example, kick the opponent in the chin and have the foot back on the floor in that amount of time.  This means, that the more advanced the sparring partners are, the more boring and yet explosive the match.  They literally are in a state of meditation feeling the energy around them, the opponents slightest movement, etc. and responding in under a quarter second to something nobody even perceived watching the match.  Now that’s meditation followed by action … too bad it’s not very constructive!
  • Using meditative techniques (e.g. Lazaris meditation techniques) to travel backwards or forwards in time is another example of "meditation is action".  Our Self lives in a spontaneous state of a “spacious present” (Seth’s term) in which all moments in this life and all other lives are being lived right now. Growth and value fulfillment is actually the “evolution” of the complete probable lifetime (and other lifetimes) simultaneously with each moment in this lifetime.  Anyway, knowing that, I had a previous lifetime that I was bothered about so I went into meditation, gathered up a personification of my Higher Self (Lazaris technique) and travelled back to the death of my probable past incarnation, calmed him down and left my Higher Self there to do it’s magic.  That’s another example of meditation as action … only this time it was in the “spacious present”.

Have fun and see/feel the beauty and love around you in each moment!

“Meditation must be followed by action – and true meditation is action.  [Some] people are afraid of making decisions, because they are afraid of their own impulses – and some of them can use meditation to dull their impulses, and actually prevent constructive action.”

(The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, Session 860)

No comments:

Post a Comment