Sunday, October 19, 2014

Seth's Early Sessions, Vol 5, Session 220

Rob’s Dream Encounter With A Being From Another Dimension


(On page 177 of the last session Seth mentioned a recent vision of mine, and promised to discuss it further this evening. Since he does so I will now describe it in some detail. It took place in December, as I lay in bed suspended in that pleasant interlude between waking and sleeping; I've had other visions while in this state,
incidentally.

(I realized on this particular evening that although my eyes were closed, I was
staring into another pair of eyes that seemed to be within inches of my own, and had been doing so for some seconds. Conscious realization seemed to be suspended. These eyes were I would say masculine, and very beautiful, and could be human. They were a deep luminous golden brown; I realized I was so close to them that I could see their minutest details in vivid color, even upper lids that fell over the upper portion of the eyeball. At this stage of the phenomenon I encouraged this minute inspection, for I lay suspended below alarm.

(I saw the reddish rims of these eyes, and their black lashes with the utmost clarity. The skin about them was a light brown. At the fringes of my field of vision I saw that the face containing these magnificent eyes was quite hairy, covered by long black shining hair almost as though I was visualizing a throwback to more primitive man. But there was no sense of primitiveness here; these limpid brown eyes regarded me impassively; there was no intrinsic threat. These eyes merely stared back at me
from beneath heavy black brows.

(As soon as I fully, consciously, realized what was taking place, I reacted violently in the manner described below by Seth. Within a very brief period after this unfortunate reaction, I began to regret it, for I knew I had terminated something much too soon. I thought my reaction was a normal one, yet was angry at myself for reacting so strongly. My outcry, my thrashing about in bed and waving my arms, of course startled Jane; I believe she had not yet fallen asleep. I blamed myself for not knowing enough to suspend any conscious judgment; I felt I had enough background knowledge to go along with this vision, to see what developed, yet I had reacted in what I thought a foolish way.

(Strange to say, I did not come fully awake as one does when arising in the morning for example. I achieved a state close to waking only, in spite of my momentary panic. Jane began to question me; she told me the next morning that I described the vision to her while speaking in a sleep monotone.  I was conscious of doing this, and that it took some little time, yet felt no urge to prod myself wide awake. I recall that I felt it urgent that I tell her what had taken place as soon as possible. I thought of getting up to make a drawing of what I had seen, but decided I would not forget. This is certainly true; this vision is as vivid and clear in memory today as it was a second after it ended. I do intend making a drawing, in color, for those who may be interested.

(In addition, Seth has given enough information upon these visions so that I thought I had probably distorted quite valid and alien data into a form I could understand.

(I would add that when I realized I was receiving information for the first time, on a level below that of alarm, I encouraged this flow of data. I believe my perception then sharpened to some degree, and it was at this moment that I saw so clearly the minutest detail of the eyes, the shadow below the lids, the individual lashes, etc. I would say that at this moment of suspended judgment, before the ego exerted its authority, I was perfectly willing to receive this data and to examine it.

… Now. Before I discuss your experience, the image that you saw, let me make a few preliminary remarks.

First of all, you understand from our discussions concerning planes and fields in general, that these are more multitudinous than you can imagine. A proportion of these will be discussed along with the nature of time, since some of these are connected with probabilities that could have occurred within your physical system.

(Seth referred to this bewildering multiplicity very early in the sessions, and dealt with it rather extensively in the 12th session of January 2,1964, in his first explanation of what he calls the fifth dimension. He has told us we could never cover even a portion of the numberless fields bordering even our own; some will be explained as they impinge upon our own in various ways; Seth also has mentioned his own ability to travel through a few other fields. See Volume 1.)

In your particular state of consciousness on that particular evening, your attention strayed beyond your ordinary fields of perception. You perceived an inhabitant of another system. There was indeed a quite unusual point of contact reached; most unusual indeed in that you not only perceived this individual, but he also perceived you.

(Jane's eyes opened. They were very dark. She stared at me and tapped upon the table for emphasis. Her eyes now opened frequently until break.)

The point of such contact can indeed be mathematically shown, and in the future I shall do just that. Part of your own reaction, I believe, was due to the fact that you realized that this contact represented a personal encounter, that this bizarre apparition was aware of you as you were of him.

("What was his reaction to me?"

(Jane smiled.)

First you displayed, if I may say so, a rather unfortunate reaction. You were quite ready to strike out physically at what you could not understand. And this reaction broke the contact.

You did not break it purposely, but the other individual concerned was bewildered, and to some extent frightened, and he withdrew. You were indeed quite willing to strike out physically. It was this emotional reaction that was felt by the other individual, and the other individual had no idea what this emotion was.

Now. The portion of the image that came closest to any semblance of reality was the region about the eyes, and the eyes themselves. There is much to be said here. For this was not imaginary, in that it did have a certain physical reality that existed within your field of reference.

You must understand however that momentarily you had a reality in the reference field of that other individual. The contact was mutual. Now we know what the conditions were at your end. We know that you made no attempt to aim your attention in the particular direction that would allow you to perceive that definite system.

You could just as well have tuned in, so to speak, on any one of the numberless other such systems. The individual within this particular other system, however, has a different sort of psychological makeup than your own. He is not as capable of intense concentration within as large a perspective as that possessed by your ego.

We have spoken, saying that the ego has a relatively small but intense focus. Your friend however has an even smaller specific field of attention, to your way of thinking. The concentration however and the focus is much more intense than that with which you are familiar.

Its general field of awareness however is much larger than any with which you are familiar, and he has a greater control and focus within this larger generalized field than you posses in your comparable generalized field of perception. His dissociated stales, for example, make up a much larger portion of his perception, and they are more vivid than mankind's generalized dissociated conditions.

Because his range was so large, your dissociated conditions simply met more easily than otherwise. However, once his attention was centered here, he turned his conscious attention to full focus upon what he perceived. Nor did he perceive your physical form as you know it. But he picked up fully your emotional recognition and fear, and these were translated or perceived by him in his own fashion, so that to him you appeared as a mass of varying colors, and as movement of severe intensity.

The pulsations were caused by the action of your emotional state. And you, my dear Joseph, literally frightened him away. You on your part translated what was inner data into a form that you could, or hoped to, understand. The eyes were the first images that you saw.

… Now. Despite my remarks, your reaction was perfectly understandable.

You should learn from it, for with your particular abilities it is possible that other such encounters will occur, though most improbable that the same system or field will be involved.

(I have hoped many times for another such contact, with the promise to myself that I would do better next time. I have also used suggestion, although not nightly, to the effect that more such experiences would occur. Nothing has developed to date.)

The individual was also bewildered however because he was able to perceive you in what you would call both your future and your past, as well as your present.

He perceived that a portion of you was bound, however, within your present time, and this was almost incomprehensible to him.

Such encounters do occur with what would appear to be startling frequency, when those in your system are sleeping; but they are very seldom remembered. What was however extremely unusual was that this contact was recognized as such by two inhabitants of completely different systems.

Such encounters also occur during waking hours, but the ego is not aware of them. I will have some comments later in the session that may enable you to become more aware of other realities beside your own, and also some advice that will enable you to operate within your own system more effectively.

You translated, now, this data into other terms. The alien nature of the individual you translated into an animalistic appearance. This was not to emphasize any lower or base characteristics, but was your way of translating the individual's exceptionally clear, pure and single-minded perception. For the intensity behind the perception reminded you of the unswerving attention often displayed in animals: a complete lack of trickery as it is understood by you.

It will be most difficult to convince others of the reality of other systems beside their own, yet none of this must be taken upon my say-so alone. For once the knowledge is available, others will become aware of their own experiences, and you see here how the conscious self becomes educated and enriched; for the knowledge becomes part of consciousness. In the past the same experience would have remained only in the subconscious, and you have had other such experiences.

(Jane’s eyes had now been opening often again.)

You are not alone in this however. You have had no other experiences where contact was recognized both by you and the other individual from the other system, however; and he takes what he learned as part of himself now.

I do not know how it would serve you if I tried to describe the sort of plane which he inhabits. And since we are dealing in words some of the information simply would not make sense to you.

("Well, can you say a little about it then?"

(I was of course much interested, and knew that Jane was too. Jane now closed her eyes and sat quietly for a moment.)

It is a system that I cannot pinpoint for you in terms of physical location within your physical universe; though this location is far beyond your own solar system, it still does not exist as a physical mass however.

It exists within your physical universe but it is not of your physical universe, and it does not deal with physical matter at all. It is an old system, using your viewpoint. It has what I will call an inverted time system, which I will gladly discuss for you whenever you prefer.

There are brain formations, not materialized in physical form. Sensations are perceptions; emotions perceived in terms of color, and directly in terms of intensities. There is no direct relation here to your own system at all, except of course that all systems are ultimately connected. The inverted time system results in a different sequence of experience than that with which you are acquainted.

It is difficult to explain to you in terms you can understand. I will make an analogy, which however will be imperfect. We will take reincarnation as a basis. Imagine that you have had ten reincarnations. These reincarnations all represent portions of your entity, living or experiencing sensation at various times within a physical time system.

The entity has awareness of these ten portions of itself. Consciously however no one of the ten personalities is aware of the others, nor of the entity. Each of the ten egos travels along an egotistical time of successive moments. We understand that subconsciously much more knowledge is available, but not to the ego as a rule.

Now. In this inverted time system individual ten is aware of the experiences of individual two; and individual two is aware of the experiences of individual ten. All of these individuals have access to the experiences of the other. Individual ten may, so to speak, go back without confusion and enter into any experience undergone by any of the other individuals.

(This sounds very much like the use of what Seth calls the third, fourth and fifth inner senses: Perception of past, present, and future; the conceptual sense: cognition of knowledgeable tissue. Material on these senses was presented in the 35-38th sessions.)

There is no time boundary as you know it. This is obviously a gestalt. The experiences however of individual two, for example, are constantly being, changed because of the intervention of the other personalities.

Focusing on Upsetting Disturbances


… When you allow disturbances to upset you, then you become concentrated so deeply within ego time that you close off those very abilities that you need to help you.

There is no use pretending of course not to be annoyed. The point is simply to do your best, so that you gradually learn not to inhibit your reactions to them, but to change the nature of your habitual reactions to them.

Otherwise you concentrate your creative energies, all of your energies, upon the disturbance itself, and interpret all other data in the light of that disturbance. In other words you put yourself into a position where you focus your attention upon very negative influences.

Ruburt does this in his own way also. The one who is at any given time free of such difficulty should indeed help the other when such occasions arise. You actually put yourself in a trance state, and the suggestions take strong hold; and they are rarely constructive ones at such times.

What you need however is additional energy and resources to deal with such problems, and instead often you effectively cut yourself off from the resources within you.

… When you react in such a manner, not only do you focus upon the present difficulty, but you project the difficulty and its imagined consequences into the future, turning expectations against you, and therefore bringing about the very conditions which you wish to avoid.

Incidents of this nature may seem trivial. However patterns of behavior are extremely important, and such focus upon disturbances are directly opposed to all I have been trying to tell you. And I am speaking here only of one individual, but such reactions are also picked up by others on a subconscious basis, and the circle can be a vicious one.

You both know this I am sure, as a rule you both do fairly well in following a more healthy procedure. But the lessons must be put into practice or they are worthless.

Again, we come to what is truly practical, as opposed to what the ego may think is practical at any given time.

I have given you both sermon enough for this evening but I cannot emphasize too strongly the importance of what I have said. If you direct your inner self with confidence to steer you through your physical existence, it will do so. If you concentrate upon difficulties you will not allow it to do so. This method of giving yourself room will also help you to achieve a greater freedom in psychic matters. For any negative focus (and underline negative) within egotistical reality will automatically block you.

You will not feel free enough to allow yourself freedom for any psychic adventures. With confidence in your inner abilities however your practical problems will effectively be taken care of when you do not dwell upon them, and greater mobility will be achieved as far as other layers of the self are concerned.

Obviously reason must be used. I am not speaking of indiscriminate Pollyanna hogwash, and yet even that is more practical in the long run than any habitual concentration upon disturbances.

I am not accusing either of you of such habitual activities, but because of our relationship I do feel bound to mention such issues as they arise. You should know, both of you by now, that I have your best interests always in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment