Saturday, July 25, 2015

Seth's Nonphysical Environment

Seth Speaks, Session 513


The Personality As Perception Process


Personality is a gestalt of ever-changing perception.  It is the part of the identity which perceives.  I do not force my perceptions upon the woman through whom I speak, nor is her consciousness blotted out during our communications.  Instead there is an expansion of her consciousness and a projection of energy that is directed away from three-dimensional reality.

Seth Channeling Through Jane (Ruburt)


  Now from my own field of reality I focus my attention toward the woman, but the words that she speaks – these words upon the pages – are not initially verbal at all.

In the first place, language as you know it is a slow affair: letter by letter strung out to make a word, and words to make a sentence, the result of a linear thought pattern.  Language, as you know it, is partially and grammatically the end product of your physical time sequences.  You can only focus upon so many things at once time, and your language structure is not given to the communication of intricate, simultaneous experience.

I am aware of a different kind of experience, not linear, and can focus upon and react to an infinite variety of simultaneous events.  Ruburt could not express them, and so they must be leveled out into linear expression if they are to be communicated.  This ability to perceive and react to unlimited simultaneous events is a basic characteristic of each whole self or entity.  Therefore, I do not claim it as some feat that is exclusively my own.

Each reader, being presently ensconced within a physical form … knows only a small portion of himself …  The entity is the overall identity of which the personality is one manifestation – an independent and eternally valid portion.  In these communications, therefore, Ruburt’s consciousness expands, and yet focuses in a different dimension, a dimension between his reality and mine, a field relatively free of distraction.  Here I impress certain concepts upon him, with his permission and assent.  They are not neutral, in that all knowledge or information bears the stamp of the personality who holds it or passes it on.

Ruburt makes his verbal knowledge available for our use, and quite automatically the two of us together cause the various words that will be spoken.  Distractions can occur, as any information can be distorted.  We are used to working together now, however, and the distortions are very few.

Some of my energy is also projected through Ruburt, and his energy and mine both activate his physical form during our sessions, and now as I speak these sentences.  There are many other ramifications that I will discuss later.

  There is within his (Ruburt’s) personality a rather unique facility that makes our communications possible.  I will try to put this as simply as possible:  There is within his psyche what amounts to a transparent dimensional warp that serves almost like an open window through which other realities can be perceived, a multidimensional opening that has to some extent escaped being clouded over by the shade of physical focus.

The physical senses usually blind you to these open channels, for they perceive reality only in their own image.  To some extent, then, I enter your reality through a psychological warp in your space and time.  In a manner of speaking, such an open channel serves much as a pathway between Ruburt’s personality and my own, so that communication is possible between.  Such psychological and psychic warps between dimensions of existence are not infrequent.  They are merely recognized as such infrequently and utilized even less so.

Seth's Nonphysical Environment


I will try to give you some idea of my own nonphysical existence.  Let it serve to remind you that your own basic identity is as nonphysical as my own.

[Chapter 2]

  While my environment differs in rather important respects from that of my readers, I can assure you, with ironic understatement, that it is as valid, varied, and vital as physical existence.  It is more pleasurable – though my ideas of pleasure have changed some since I was a physical being – being more rewarding and offering far greater opportunities for creative achievement.

My present existence is the most challenging one that I have known, and I have known many, both physical and nonphysical.  There is not just one dimension in which nonphysical consciousness resides, any more than there is only one country on your planet or planet within your solar system.

My environment, now, is not the one in which you will find yourself immediately after death.  I cannot help speaking humorously, but you must die many times before you enter this particular plane of existence.  (Birth is much more of a shock than death.  Sometimes when you die you do not realize it, but birth always implies a sharp and sudden recognition.  So there is no need to fear death.  And I, who have died more times than I care to tell, write this book to tell you so.)

My work in this environment provides far more challenge than any of you know, and it also necessitates the manipulation of creative materials that are nearly beyond your present comprehension.  I will say more of this shortly.  First of all, you must understand that no objective reality exists but that which is created by consciousness.  Consciousness always creates form, and not the other way around.  So my environment is a reality of existence created by myself and others like me, and it represents the manifestation of our development.

We do not use permanent structures.  There is not a city or a town, for example, in which I dwell.  I do not mean to imply that we are off in empty space.  For one thing we do not think of space as you do, and we form whatever particular images we want to surround us.

They are created by our mental patterns, [just] as your own physical reality is created in perfect replica of your inner desires and thoughts.  You think that objects exist independently of you, not realizing that they are instead the manifestations of your own psychological and psychic selves.  We realize that we form our own reality, and therefore we do so with considerable joy and creative abandon.  In my environment you would be highly disoriented, for it would seem to you as if it lacked coherency.

We are aware of the inner laws that govern all “materializations”, however.  I can have it night or day, in your terms, as I prefer – or any period, say, of your history.  These changing forms would in no way bother my associates, for they would take them as immediate clues as to my mood, feelings, and ideas.

Permanency and stability basically have nothing to do with form, but with the integration of pleasure, purpose, accomplishment, and identity.  I “travel” to many other levels of existence in order to fulfill my duties, which are primarily those of a teacher and educator, and I use whatever aids and techniques serve me best within those systems.

In other words, I may teach the same lesson in many different ways, according to the abilities and assumptions that are inherent in any given system in which I must operate.  I use one portion of myself from many personalities that are available to my identity in these communications, and in this book.  In other systems of reality, this particular Seth personality that I, the larger Seth identity adopt here, would not be understood.

All systems of reality are not physically oriented, you see, and some are entirely unacquainted with physical form.  Nor is sex, as you understand it, natural to them.  Therefore I would not communicate as a male personality who has lived many physical existences, though this is a legitimate and valid portion of my identity.

In my home environment I assume whatever shape I please, and it may vary, and does, with the nature of my thoughts.  You, however, form your own physical image at an unconscious level in more or less the same manner, but with some important differences.  You usually do not realize that your physical body is created by you at each moment as a direct result of your inner conception of what you are, or that it changes in important chemical and electromagnetic ways with the ever-moving pace of your own thought.

Having long ago recognized the dependence of form upon consciousness, we have simply been able to change our forms entirely so that they more faithfully follow each nuance of our inner experience.

This ability to change form is an inherent characteristic of any consciousness.  Only the degree of proficiency and actualization varies.  You can see this in your own system, in a slowed-down version, when you observe the changing forms taken by living matter through its “evolutionary” history.

Now, we can also take several forms at one time, so to speak, but you can also do this although you do not generally realize it.  Your physical form can lie sleeping and inert upon the bed while your consciousness travels in a dream form to places quite distant.  Simultaneously you may create a “thought-form” of yourself, identical in every respect, and this may appear in the room of a friend quite without your conscious awareness.  So consciousness is not limited as to the forms it can create at any given time.

Practically speaking, we are rather more advanced along these lines than you, and when we create such forms we do so with complete awareness.  I share my field of existence with others who have more or less the same challenges to meet, the same overall pattern of development.  Some I have known and others I have not.  We communicate telepathically, but then again, telepathy is the basis for your languages, without which their symbolism would be meaningless.

Because we do communicate in this manner, this does not necessarily mean that we use mental words, for we do not.  We communicate instead through what I can only call thermal and electromagnetic images that are capable of supporting much more meaning in one “sequence”.  The intensity of the communication is dependent upon the emotional intensity behind it, although the phrase “emotional intensity” may be misleading.

We do feel an equivalent of what you call emotions, though these are not the love or hate or anger that you know.  Your feelings can best be described as the three-dimensional materializations of far greater psychological events and experiences that are related to the “inner senses”.

I will explain these inner senses to you later, at the end of this chapter.  Suffice it here to say that we have strong emotional experience, although it differs in a large measure from your own.  It is far less limited and far more expansive in that we are also aware and responsive to the emotional “climate” as a whole.  We are much freer to feel and experience, because we are not so afraid of being swept away by feeling.

Our identities do not feel threatened, for example, by the strong emotions of another.  We are able to travel through emotions in a way that is not now natural to you, and to translate them into other facets of creativity than those with which you are familiar.  We do not feel the need to conceal emotions, for we know it is basically impossible and undesirable.  Within your system they can appear troublesome because you have not yet learned how to use them.  We are only now learning their full potential, and the powers of creativity with which they are connected.


No comments:

Post a Comment