Saturday, May 2, 2015

Seth Two On Knowledge

Seth Early Sessions, Vol 8, Session 411


Seth Two On Knowledge


We have told you that information is meaningless unless it is interpreted so that you can understand it.

In larger terms knowledge cannot simply be given.  It must be experienced.  Although you do not find me as warmly personal as the Seth with whom you have been acquainted, I am a personality.  The information is not coming to you out of nowhere.  Knowledge does not exist in those terms.

Without the sort of directed knowledge that you are receiving, you have what appears as inspiration, a hit-or-miss affair, highly distorted as a rule.  In the case of your sessions, you habitually became accustomed to manipulating certain coordinates, and this manipulation constantly increases your ability to receive information from us, and to achieve consistency of results.  The coordinates do affect the physical system or any such communication would be impossible.

A personality is needed or the information would appear highly chaotic, and you would not know how to unscramble it, even if you were able to receive it.  This is rather important.  We not only give you information and help interpret it or translate it for you, but we also add to it our own experience with it.  Your Seth would say we unscramble it for you, and then serve it neatly on a supper platter.

The unscrambled information, again, would be meaningless, and even undependable.  Ruburt’s initial experience represented such an encounter.  It is only because of his own abilities that he was able to translate the information for himself to any degree.

(Referred to here is Jane’s attempt to write the book, The Physical Universe as Idea Construction, which she struggled with a few weeks before these sessions began on December 2, 1963.)

Seth gave him the information in a dream.  He was afraid of Seth but not of the information.

Now, changing the coordinates does involve a shifting of inner focus and an extension of the inner senses.  One of the reasons for the change in the sessions is to give Ruburt experience along these lines.

He is forced in one way to reach further into inner reality, for I do not come as immediately to you as Seth as you knew him did.  Since I am not here that immediately, then Ruburt must go further.  Seth is always there between us to help in this procedure.

Now in your last session Ruburt was given a very primary experience.  You asked what it was like to be a personality never formed into physical matter, and I helped him attain some awareness, subjectively, of that condition.  He could not go far enough into that concept, but he was briefly between physical existences as you know them.

He told his students that he felt as if he were between worlds, and he was.  The answer in this case was not given in words, and at first he did not realize that his experience was as much of an answer as he could be given now.

But keep the event in mind.  Some questions at times may be answered without words, though he will be able to interpret the answers.  This was our first attempt only.

The sense of rather strained neutrality Ruburt feels now before sessions is simply caused by the strangeness of changing coordinates from the ones with which he has been accustomed.

My own characteristics are different, yet they will be apparent to you in time.

The contact is only in its initial stages and the approach not sturdy enough as yet to carry full weight in your terms.  You have a weak signal, even though it is a better one than you have received in the past.  Your explorations are simply carrying you further afield, and there are manipulations to make before you signal is as strong as it can be.

You had signs of its potential strength but that is all.

(“In the voice?”  The question was poorly put.  I meant the occasionally powerful Seth voice of the past.)

In the session in which Ruburt felt energy so strongly.

(“Yes.”  This would be very recently.  See the 406th session.)

Your own world, from my perspective, does not exist in the way I am sure it exists for you.  Your camouflages are not clear to me, though I understand what they mean to you.

Short-range predictions would be most difficult for me, since I cannot break down time as you think of it to that degree.  I perceive instead at one glance seemingly whole segments of your time field.

Seth as you knew him perceives your own system more clearly.  From my viewpoint I do not perceive your physical universe then as you do.  I do perceive your psychic values and emotional intensities, and realize that you perceive but very small segments of these.  As you break down the spacious present into moments, which you then experience, so also you break down psychic identity, gestalts, into small self-structures.

And as you break up than an hour into so many seconds, so you break up identities into so many self-structures, without perceiving their innate unities.

I am not telling you that individuality does not exist, that it is an illusion, and that therefore I do not perceive it.  I am telling you that you do not perceive your own individuality as a whole identity.

To me this would be highly disadvantageous.  From my viewpoint, you are far more alone than I.  From my viewpoint, it is difficult to understand your intense preoccupation with a system that represents such a small portion of your whole experience.

I can perceive many other systems similar to your own.  I cannot with any ease or facility enter into them in any familiar manner however, to experience camouflage as you do.  This does not mean of course that I am not aware of you.

I am not always aware of the you that you feel yourself to be, however.  Seth has told me that in some future, in your terms, he would help me in this regard; brining me closer, he said, for a good look.  If so, you should probably know it.

(“In what way?”)

It would be apparent, though I would not appear as matter.  I do attempt to instruct you, for reasons earlier given, and instruction is also to my benefit.

I am speaking of my natural position.  I can alter my viewpoint in which case your system becomes much clearer to me.

I can of course alter coordinates and experience concepts directly, but your system is not one that I have explored with any real attention.

Ruburt is intrigued by the extension of his inner senses at this point.  He is actually cutting through several systems, but has no freedom to explore them horizontally.

Seth One


I sent you messages this evening.  Almost but not quite, you had a dialogue going.  Often both of us gave information in some sessions, but I did not believe that you were ready for any deep explanations.  This is still the Seth material.

I am the loudest one and I am the one who looks in on you.  I will not keep you.  Ruburt is doing well however with this development.  Do you have any questions for me?  I do not mind answering them.

(“How are you going to help the ‘other’ personality experience our physical reality?”)

I will take him by the hand and lead him here, figuratively speaking of course.  I have told him it would be good for him to extend himself in this direction; and he is quite correct.  You will know it if he does.

(“You say himself?”)

I have to use a term for you, and “itself” is hardly adequate.

Understand again that these divisions are arbitrary.  We are part – independent portions – of the same personality, he and I.  If you have no further questions I will leave you to your domestic quiet.  Anytime you want me to liven your sessions up however I will do so.  And I will be here often, as a matter of course, in your regular sessions.

(“You mean we could ask for you to hold the session on any particular evening?”)

Indeed.  I am not taking the background seat, you see, but want Ruburt to learn to extend.


No comments:

Post a Comment