Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Events and levels of consciousness they’re experienced in "The next day, as I reread the earlier material on strands of consciousness, some new ideas came to me, it’s not so much the events of our lives that compose our mental experience, as the level of consciousness we’re in when we experience the events. I remember how everything before my eyes seemed to change in my altered state in front of the supermarket. The physical data was the same as before. The contents of the world didn’t gain or lose an inch, in physical terms. Yet qualitatively everything changed to such a degree that the world was entirely different and richer. The buildings and people were more fully dimensioned. Yet even then I knew that others about me, in the usual state of consciousness, were seeing the same world I had seen before the switch. Nothing was added to their world, and I didn’t know how much I would retain when I returned to “normal” either. "What I had retained was memory and fleeting flashes in which the experience splashed out momentarily into a day and then vanished – and the library – because in some way that I still didn’t understand, the library was born out of that altered vision. But I was becoming certain that states of consciousness help mold events and are invisibly a part of them. "Difficulties at one level of awareness disappear at other levels. Certain “negative” experiences simply dissolve, and contradictions disappear. We just haven’t been taught to vary our own experience-levels, to travel to one state of consciousness to find the answers to problems existing at another level. "From my own experiences, I also knew that these various states possess different characteristics and creative specializations. Using altered states of consciousness, we can experience events from different sides – and if we knew how to utilize them conditions, we could conceivably circumnavigate events, seeing them from the inside and outside space and time, glimpsing their greater reality. It’s quite possible that difficulties in our lives represent specific areas in which our vision is truly limited to a too-confined focus." (Psychic Politics)

Events and levels of consciousness they’re experienced in

"The next day, as I reread the earlier material on strands of consciousness, some new ideas came to me, it’s not so much the events of our lives that compose our mental experience, as the level of consciousness we’re in when we experience the events.  I remember how everything before my eyes seemed to change in my altered state in front of the supermarket.  The physical data was the same as before.  The contents of the world didn’t gain or lose an inch, in physical terms.  Yet qualitatively everything changed to such a degree that the world was entirely different and richer.  The buildings and people were more fully dimensioned.  Yet even then I knew that others about me, in the usual state of consciousness, were seeing the same world I had seen before the switch.  Nothing was added to their world, and I didn’t know how much I would retain when I returned to “normal” either.

"What I had retained was memory and fleeting flashes in which the experience splashed out momentarily into a day and then vanished – and the library – because in some way that I still didn’t understand, the library was born out of that altered vision.  But I was becoming certain that states of consciousness help mold events and are invisibly a part of them.

"Difficulties at one level of awareness disappear at other levels.  Certain “negative” experiences simply dissolve, and contradictions disappear.  We just haven’t been taught to vary our own experience-levels, to travel to one state of consciousness to find the answers to problems existing at another level.

"From my own experiences, I also knew that these various states possess different characteristics and creative specializations.  Using altered states of consciousness, we can experience events from different sides – and if we knew how to utilize them conditions, we could conceivably circumnavigate events, seeing them from the inside and outside space and time, glimpsing their greater reality.  It’s quite possible that difficulties in our lives represent specific areas in which our vision is truly limited to a too-confined focus."

(Jane Roberts: Psychic Politics)

No comments:

Post a Comment