Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Way Toward Health - 27 Jan 84, Inborn Predisposition to Life and Vitality


January 27, 1984




These inborn leanings or attitudes can roughly be translated as follows.



1.      I am an excellent creature, a valuable part of the universe in which I exist.



2.      My existence enriches all other portions of life, even as my own being is enhanced by the rest of creation.



3.      It is good, natural, and safe for me to grow and develop and use my abilities, and by so doing I also enrich all other portions of life.



4.      Next: I am eternally couched and supported by the universe of which I am a part, and I exist whether or not that existence is physically expressed.



5.      Next: By nature, I am a good deserving creature, and all of life’s elements and parts are also of good intent.



6.      And next: All of my imperfections, and all of the imperfections of other creatures, are redeemed in the greater scheme of the universe in which I have my being.



Those attitudes are inbred in the smallest microscopic portions of the body – a part of each atom and cell and organ, and they serve to trigger all of the body’s responses that promote growth and fulfillment.  Infants are not born with an inbred fear of their environment, or of other creatures.  They are instead immersed in feelings of well-being, vitality, and exuberance.  They take it for granted that their needs will be met, and that the universe is well-disposed toward them.  They feel a part of their environment.



They do not come into life with feelings of rage, or anger, and basically, they do not experience doubts or fears.  Birth is experienced in terms of self-discovery, and includes the sensation of selfhood gently rising and unfolding from the secret heart of the universe.



Many people believe that birth, to the contrary, is a time of trauma, or even of rage, as the infant leaves its mother’s womb.  Birth is life’s most precious natural process.  Even in births that are thought of as not “normal”, there is on the infant’s part a sense of discovery and joy.



We will have more to say about the process of birth later on in this book.  For now, I simply want to make the point that in the most basic terms the human birth is as orderly and spontaneous as the birth of any of nature’s creatures – and a child opens its selfhood even as a flower opens its petals.



The inborn leanings and attitudes that we have been discussing should ideally remain with you for the rest of your life, leading you to express your abilities, and finding fulfillment as your knowledge expands through experience.  The same feelings and beliefs should also ideally help you die with a sense of safety, support and assurance.  While these inbred psychological supports never leave you entirely, they are often diminished by beliefs encountered later in life, that serve to undermine the individual’s sense of safety and well-being.


No comments:

Post a Comment