Sunday, June 10, 2018

Rita then Hemingway on Fluctuations and Silent Cooperation

Fluctuations


From DeMarco, Frank. Rita's World Vol 2: A View from the Non-Physical (Kindle Location 2973). Rainbow Ridge Books. Kindle Edition".

(Q) I'm having a hard time "hearing".  I hesitate between a couple of different ways to begin, and I don't quite feel where the connection is.

(A) You aren't used to that, by now.  You are used to chasing the pen across the page to try to keep up with the words or ideas pouring through.

(Q) That's right.

(A) Just as well to remind people that it isn't always that way, so that they realize, when they are somewhat blank, that maybe the thing to do is ask another question, or in some way start the process again.  I don't mean alter externals - it isn't a matter of rituals - but somehow reposition yourself so you can more easily catch the breeze.  In this instance, your mentioning your difficulty gave me something to respond to, you see.

(Q) I keep forgetting that in some ways the communication depends on things on either end, and so, in effect, the problem can be on your side.

(A) You couldsee it that way, if that is helpful to you, but that isn't how I would describe the process.  I'd say, instead, that the problem is always -

Well, again, you couldsee it as sometimes a problem on our side.  It's a problem in relativity, depending entirely upon where you stand, what you see.

(Q) You were going to say it is always on our side, some problem arising from where our minds focus, or what they focus upon, because our 3D attention is the end of the communication that flickers and dances.

(A) Yes, I was.  But it is equally true that we on this end may be insufficiently focused for your needs at any given moment - a stimulus may provide us with little direction, and in turn, no one avenue of approach is obvious to us, or I might say draws us forth.

(Q) This is a more complicated subject, and perhaps a deeper and more important one than I realized at first, isn't it?  And again, I sense that it isn't strictly Rita I have on the line.

(A) We answer as we are called forth.  Who the "we" is at any given moment in effect changes with the movement of the material.

(Q) I'm at a loss as to how to convey what I'm half-sensing.

(A) That's because we are indeed getting into deeper waters, and you see several alternative lines of approach, several different bodies of knowledge all of which need to be explained at the same time, which is next to impossible by sequential processing - that is, by words.

(Q) Then let me concentrate on Rita for the moment. [An immediate change in the internal "weather".]  Thank you, it felt like things cleared, inside, when I said that.  Things quieted, slowed.  I was getting over-stimulated, or let's say wound up, almost anxious, as if being asked to do more than I can do.  Miss Rita, how do we proceed, here?  And I am well aware that you're using this as a teaching opportunity, the process as well as the information.

(A) You remember, I used to say, or I used to notice, anyway - I didn't say it at all until I came to write my introduction to our book of transcripts - that you are not given to self-reflection.  That is still true, though less so, and therefore it is as well for me or for someone to act as mirror for you, to slow you down long enough to notice fluctuations in your consciousness, to notice the flavor of interactions.  That isn't your natural reaction, but you need to convey at least some of it, if people are going to get a true account of how you are experiencing this. Otherwise they will encounter moments like the one that began this and will think it is a lack in themselves.

(Q) I have never tried to pretty up the messiness of the process.  I haven't been portraying myself as better at this than I am.

(A) No, but you have been showing one particular defect of your qualities. In this as in life, you tend to gloss over problems so that you can continue to sail full speed ahead.  "We'll think of something", you say as you encounter difficulty, or "we'll see".  That's good insofar that it lets you proceed in faith that you will not meet something you can't handle, but the defect of the quality is that you miss things that might prove helpful the next time.  And in this case, someone without that same sure confidence, meeting moments of blankness (especially if at the beginning of their process) might conclude "I can't do it", rather than saying, "I wonder what's going on?  Let's try something else."

And, your somewhat rough-and-ready approach is far better suited to first forays into new territory than careful map-making.  Nothing good or bad about that, only keep it in mind.  The map makers to follow (like those that preceded) will exhibit many different qualities, complementary ones.

(Q) In other words, I am the bird-dog, flushing out the game from the bushes, and others will be the ornithologists.

(A) You could put it that way.  Anyway, this morning, just a few minutes ago, you flushed a cover of quail and couldn't decide which bird to aim at.

(Q) Where's Papa Hemingway when you need him?

[Another "voice", one with a different "feel", one very familiar from dozens of conversations over many months.]

(Hemingway) He's right here.

Silent cooperation


(Q) Okay, and I need to remember that we should be careful who we think about, lest we wake the dead, so to speak?  Or do you have something you want to say specifically on the subject at hand?

(Hemingway) It may not have struck you, but I was a close observer and a careful describer and an inter-relater of many worlds.  Those are talents you can use in this particular endeavor.

(Q) So was that you, the other day, on what non-profits need to do to expand? Surely not.

(Hemingway) Did I say it was?  But - just as then - you need not expect people [in the non-3D] to have to work outside their areas of expertise and comfort when it is so easy for us to hand off to another, who will delight in assisting.

(Q) Of course.  I remember, years ago, getting more than one person on the line at the same time, sometimes deliberately [that is, by my conscious intent] and sometimes as a surprise to me.  You and my father, for instance, or Claude Bowers and Upton Sinclair that time, or you and Jung, come to think of it.

(Hemingway) Or [Joshua Lawrence] Chamberlain and Lincoln.  Yes, you have had a few examples, but isn't the point of this that you have been both able to and almost unable not totake it for granted and continue with whatever you were intent on, rather than concentrate on the nature of the process?  You took for granted that the rules were invisible to you, but you never much cared to explore what those rules might be.

(Q) And now the time has arrived when I am to be told?

(Hemingway) The time has come when you could devote a little more attention to the process so that others will be able to be freed enough to pay more attention to the terrain they come to.

(Q) That's fine.

(Hemingway) You say, "that's fine", but you don't yet realize, you will need to change.  You need to lay down some threads and pick up others, as you put it.  What you did as a solitary explorer won't serve you as well in your capacity as a guide to other explorers, or should we say settlers.

(Q) I'm getting the analogy to Daniel Boone, that I take it stems from you.

(Hemingway) Well, it isan instructive analogy.  He began as a hunter, moving into Kentucky to find riches, but still thinking primarily of returning to North Carolina to his family and community, only hoping to return with furs and all.  But years of living in the unpeopled wilderness changed him.  His conscious values didn't change - he still thought of himself as a family man and a member of the community even though he might spend months away from it - but beyond his awareness, his experience of living in a different manner was changing him, so that when he returned to his community he thought one way but reacteda different way.  He led his settlers into Kentucky thinking he would connect his two worlds, and didn't quite realize that in connecting them, he was helping change both them and Kentucky, and that he would not fit in to this new reality very comfortably.

(Q) I keep wanting to mention that Kentucky was not peopled by Indian tribes; that they all regarded it as neutral territory, preserved for hunting.

(Hemingway) Yes, and he changed that too, even though he himself might have preferred it left that way.

(Q) I can't help regret that I didn't get to at least start to describe the relationships I was starting to feel, at the beginning of this.

(Hemingway) There will be other times.  This one was about process.

No comments:

Post a Comment