Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Consciousness Forms Our Environment

“The universe did not originate from what you like to think of as an external, objectified source.  Your own physical body provides you with sturdy corporal images, exterior presentations.  Your dreams do not suddenly appear exteriorized upon your images in place of your features, for example.  They remain hidden.  Your dreams appear on the interior screen of your mind.
“I never want any of my remarks to be construed in such a fashion that it seems I am in any way negating the fullness, validity, and magnificence of physical existence.  I do want to point out, however, that a state you usually call dreaming is but a dim indication of an inner reality of events, an inner order of events from which the physical world emerges.  I hope to show how the nature of dreams has helped shape man’s consciousness.  I hope to show that consciousness forms the environment, and not the other way around.”

(Dreams, “Evolution” and Value Fulfillment, Session 881)

No comments:

Post a Comment